Monday, June 25, 2007

Knock, knock, knock....HellooooOOOOoooooo??

Anyone there??

Probably not.

Well, I did fall off the face of the earth for a while there. Sorry about that to anyone who may still be reading/checking.

I haven't had much to write about, so I figure it wasn't worth taking the time to start something that I knew I wouldn't finish.

Currently....life is pretty good. We are vacationing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida as we speak. It's quite interesting. I can tell that this town is geared for the younger/drinking crowd. There are loads of families, don't get me wrong, but the restaurants are hysterical. Three for one drink specials were on the menu where we ate last night. Your choice of a long list of martinis, house liquors, and wine. I felt like a little drinky-poo after our long day of travel, so I decided to go for it. Of course, we read the fine print later and found that there was no "sharing"....that meant it was SIX drinks for the two adults at the table. Hmmmmmm. Have I mentioned before that I'm a lightweight?

Needless to say, I was relaxed and loads of fun after dinner. The boys all went swimming in the ocean while the thunder and lighting acted up in the distance. I'm sure the sober Mommy would have put up more of a fight upon seeing that, but drunk Mommy just let the boys have their fun.

Luckily...no one was electrocuted.

Don't get me started on some of the people here...my GOSH!!! Loads of PDA goin' on and it's not necessarily of the hetero variety. Not that I care or mind what other people do, but with two small children, one of which is VERY observant and extremely curious, I will have some "splainin" to do soon.

Won't that be fun.

This morning, Kelly left for a CPE class around 8:15. Guess who had some quality alone time for one full hour PLUS fifteen minutes??!! MEEEEE!!!

Colin woke up around 9:30, and Landon, well, THAT boy slept until 10:00!!!!!!

WHOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!

The boy has discovered the luxury of sleeping in. I think my life is taking a positive turn from here on out.

We're in a hotel that overlooks the ocean and the intracoastal waterway. The boys and I had a great time eating breakfast and watching all of the boats. I now need to head to the shower and get ready for dinner.

Hey, a week of no cooking, sleeping late, and lounging at the beach??

I can handle that!

Maybe in my new-found relaxed state, I will be able to post more.

We can only hope!

No comments: