Friday, July 13, 2007

Dare I post it???

Well...here goes.

Landon has been going to the bathroom on the potty.

I'm *not* saying that he's potty trained by ANY means, but this is a great start. Much better than Colin ever had (who, by the way, didn't potty train until he was 3 years and 1 month old.)

Landon is 22 months old. Not even two yet.

I'm trying not to put pressure on him, but he's very excited to go whenever he's given the chance. This morning, he went SO much that he filled up the bottom of the potty. I was SHOCKED! Until that point, it was only a few dribbles here and there.

He doesn't have the fore-thought needed to tell me that he *needs* to go, so we may have a long time before he's truly potty trained. But...I think there is something to this older brother being an example thing. Colin is just as excited when he goes on the potty as he is.

I'll keep you guys posted! He even ran around in training underwear for a while tonight without an accident.....wow!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Way to go Landon! Jon was 22 mos when he potty trained. He was SUPER easy! He did it almost completely on his own and he was dry NIGHT & DAY! Hopefully this will be the case with Landon really soon!

Anonymous said...

It's a big start. Congratulations to both of you.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Chaos Mommy said...

Thanks for linking me!
My toddler is *just* in the beginning stages of potty training. He likes to sit on his potty and he keeps pulling off his diaper, so I know it's time.
Good luck with your little guy!