Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Thanks for the birthday wishes and dealing with my pity party!

I especially liked the thought of going out and getting wasted...which I haven't done in a LOOOONG while. You know, just let go and let loose. Something to plan for huh? lol.

That's how life changes when you have a family. You have to "plan" to have fun. Kinda sucks, but it's just the way it goes when you're an adult.

I'm over my little pity party now, which is a good thing because those just bite. I did some self evaluation, and I think I've figured out the problem.

I need to go ahead and go to school.

I love my kids, I love being a stay at home Mom (most days!), but it's also time to invest a little into Lori.

I've always wanted to be a counselor, and I'm feeling the itch to make it happen. I visited a local school that is set up for us "adults" that are in the real world. They have a masters program for Licensed professional counselors/Marriage and Family therapists...and I'm going to go for it.

You're allowed 6 years to complete the program...hopefully I can do it in the time allotted!! With all of my other responsibilities, it's a valid worry at this point in time.

So....I want to be a shrink. I never really thought that would happen, but I'm looking forward to it!

I'll update later on the program and everything.

I must now go clean up my dirty children and restock the fridge...you know, those "other" responsibilities that I mentioned?

3 comments:

OneHungMan said...

A psycho doctor, huh? OneHung occasionally thinks about getting his doctorate...Dr. Hung...it has a nice ring to it.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith. You'll get there.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

kristi said...

I'd love to go to school...wish I could find the time. I am thinking of checking out some online courses.