Thursday, March 08, 2007


I am lying here, comfortably typing this from the cushy-cushionness of my NEW SOFA!!!! I cannot express how truly excited I am!

Since we have been in the new house, we have been using our K*mart brand, $119.99 special, futon as the main seating for our family room. Can you just say, "ouch?" If you weigh more than the 38 pounds of my four year old, it is really one of the most uncomfortable things to sit on, other than a bed of nails maybe. You basicly have your choice of one of the metal bars either going up your butt*crack, or two of them painfully pressing on either cheek. Neither of which makes for a relaxing evening of television. So, a few weeks ago, we set out on our adventure of sofa/family room furniture shopping.

Both Kelly and I agreed that we wanted leather this time around. The shredded carcasses of our last couch and love seat are currently in the basement (I would have preferred tossing them to the curb, but the hubby wanted to keep them for some reason.) along with the upholstered chairs that go with our new dining room set that we aquired along with the house.

Yep. You guessed it. We have two cats who insist that anything that is over one foot tall and wrapped in cloth is a scratching post purchased solely for their use. I know, I know. We could have them de-clawed. We had that conversation years ago when we first bought that set, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Needless to say, the poor couch and love seat payed for that decision...tenfold.

So...back to the reason we bought leather. We're hoping...yes HOPING, that the cats will find the leather furniture less to their liking as far as sharpening their claws. We have had one leather rocker/recliner for four years now that they haven't touched, so this is what we're basing our decision on. Hopefully it's not a $1000+ mistake. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks huh?

The boys and I had a pretty rough day today, besides getting our luscious furniture, of course. Part of the reason was the waiting, and waiting, and even more waiting for the damn delivery truck to show up. I don't know why they even bother to call and give you a four hour window for delivery. We were told between 9am and 1pm. They showed up at 1:10pm, which I guess in the grand scheme of things is pretty damn good, but shit, I could have gotten a LOT done with all of that time we sat around waiting. Oh well. The pay off is well worth it. My cushy, tushy is very thankful at the moment.

To make up for the crappy morning, the boys and I went out to dinner and had a good time, which was a turn-around for all of our moods. Afterwards, we indulged. Ohhh...did we! I figured since we had the luscious, cushiness of the new furniture awaiting us at home, we may as well add to the yumminess of our evening. We went by Olive Garde*n and purchased a piece (okay, you got me! Make that TWO pieces) of tiramisu and shared it when we came home. Mmmmmmmmmm......

My waist line will pay for that later, but I can say that I don't do that often. I'll just run up and down the stairs a couple more times, and hopefully that will help. (I wish!)

So, I'm still lying here typing, full of the cinnamony, creamy, goodness of my tiramisu, and it's time for Colin to go to bed. Kelly is once again working late (damn financial statements that will never go out!) and I don't know if I will be able to peel my as$ off of this couch to get Colin up to his room. Ahhhh....the smell of new leather. You can't beat it! I'll be here for a little while longer.....Colin will make it up there eventually!

No comments: