Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tagged

This is a really interesting meme (is that what you would call it? Hey...I don't even know what the heck "meme" stands for anyway. Yep, I'm a dork).

I was tagged by my friend OneHung, so here goes.....

Instructions are as follows:

1. Go to Wikipedia and type your birth month and day (not year).
2. List three events from that day.
3. List two important births and one death.
4. List one holiday or observance.
5. Tag five others.

Let's see if anything interesting happened on my birthday.

Events from that day:
1. 1906 Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act (THANK God!).
2. 1936 Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell is published.
3. 1997 The first book in the award winning Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling is published.

Two important births:
1. 1960 Murray Cook, Wiggles singer.
2. 1984 Fantasia Barrino of American Idol fame.

I don't know if I'd consider those "important", but hey, they were names that stood out to me.

One Death:
1966 Giuseppi Farina, an Italian race car driver. I didn't know him, but I LOVE the name Giuseppi. Maybe if we go for another baby and it's a boy, that's what we'll name him.

Yeah, I can see Kelly going for that. Can't you?

One holiday observance:
Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

........................................................

Hmmm. That was pretty boring.

I guess the best thing about June 30th is....ME! lol! At least my family thinks so.

Most days anyway.

I'll tag anyone who reads my blog and wants to try it out. I can pretty much guarrantee that you guys all have a much more interesting birthday than me.

2 comments:

Gina said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

The term "meme" (IPA: /miːm/, rhyming with "theme"), coined in 1976[1] by the biologist Richard Dawkins, refers to a "unit of cultural information" which can propagate from one mind to another in a manner analogous to genes (i.e., the units of genetic information). (and it goes on...and on....and on....and on...and on...LOL)

Dadgum about the toe, girlfriend! I hope it heals quickly!!!

My meme:
http://members.ivillage.com/ginaegg/blog/2007/03/22/birthday_meme

OneHungMan said...

Hmmm, OneHung knew what a meme was, but had no idea what a meme really was. Plus, he pronounced it "me-me." What a stupid he is.