Friday, April 06, 2007

Workout update

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

I guess I'll start with the good.

I have walked 4 miles this week on my treadmill (over a 4 day period). One mile Tuesday which was alternating between walking briskly and running, and then power-walking 1.5 miles both Thursday and Today.

The bad news?

My broken toe is not liking my new excercise routine.....not ONE bit.

After my workout on Tuesday, the right side of my foot was aching terribly. I have managed to get around by putting my weight on that side of my foot since I broke my poor toe. I thought that I was pretty much healed, until I did that little trek on the treadmill.

So....I gave myself a day to recover and in the meantime, tested out how much pressure and weight I could comfortably put on my injured appendage. I figured walking quickly would be the way to go.

Nope.

My toe is now swollen and hurting. Much more so than before I started working out.

GAH!

This stupid thing better heal quickly. The Doc said 3-4 weeks and today is 4 weeks exactly. I go back in for more x-rays on Tuesday, so I'll see where I stand then. I guess I better hold off on the excercise until then.

I hope this isn't that way it's going to feel for the rest of my life, because that would pretty much suck. I don't need any more excuses NOT to work out.

No comments: