Wednesday, August 30, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Baby Boy Landon!!!

Wow, yep, it's been an entire year since my littlest man was born. There's nothing like your youngest's FIRST Birthday to give you a harsh reminder of how quickly the time passes. One year ago today, I was holding my baby for the first time, and marveling at how wonderful he was.

It's funny how the OB uses their little "wheel" to determine your due date, when in all reality you know when you conceived. I KNEW that Landon would come either on the 29th or 30th. They scheduled my c-section for the 30th, thinking that I was only 39 weeks (HA!). I went in to labor around 4am on the morning of my surgery. It was actually kind of nice. With Colin, I had to be induced because of my pre-eclampsia. At least with Landon, I knew that my body could do it on it's own. I also knew that he was "fully baked" and ready to meet us! Thank God both of my boys are healthy and happy. Reading many of the blogs that I do, I am reminded of *just* how lucky I am.

We keep getting the question, "Are you going to try for a girl??". Well, knowing me, we would have another boy (which I would be fine either way), but I just don't know if I want to gamble one more time. Meaning, I know all of the "things" that can happen. We will have to see. As Landon gets older and I see more toddler and less baby, I'll just have to see if my "aching uterus" will over-take my common sense!! It just seems that as I get older, I have less patience, especially for night wakings. I don't know if I have the energy to do it all over again. I know that Kelly is DONE...he can't stand that I'm still "waffling" about it.

I want to post some pics of my happy little guy, but LUCKY me, our desktop is screwing up today. For some reason I can access the internet with Kelly's laptop, but not the home computer. I will edit this post when it's working and put his "birthday pic" in here.

Our plan for the day is to go have a birthday lunch and then go to TOYS R US!!! Colin wants to help pick out a birthday gift for Landon, which I'm sure will end up being a car or train the *he* actually wants. During Landon's afternoon nap, Colin and I are going to bake and decorate a cake for him and we'll have a little family celebration when Daddy gets home.

I still just can't believe he's a year old....... we are so blessed.

1 comment:

andria said...

Nothing makes me madder than when people tell us we should have a girl, as if I have control over it. Just one of my many peeves. Our neighbor actually told us she was sorry when number two was a boy. It's like they don't count, keep trying until the girl comes.