Landon is having tubes put in his ears on the 22nd of December.
My BABY is having surgery. On the 22nd of December.
I'm struggling with this in a big way.
I know that he needs this. He has had 5 ear infection in the last 8 months.
I know that if we don't get this done, that it could affect his speech development in a dramatic way, if it hasn't already.
My head knows this, and has weighed all of the pros and cons, and my HEAD feels that we are making the right decision. My head knows that this is a very routine procedure, and that a very capable and experienced pediatric ENT is going to be performing the surgery.
My heart doesn't like the idea of passing my baby boy over to people who are going to make him go to sleep, and cut on him.
My heart is scared about all of the "what if's".
My heart can't handle the thought of losing my baby boy, no matter how small that possibility is.