Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I never knew my child could scream so loudly

Damn.

That was rough.

Colin was all excited to see Dr. Cook, until we started out the appointment with a hemoglobin test. Yep, on top of 3 shots, they had to stick his finger too. He (and I for that matter) had no idea that was coming, and he was so terribly offended when the nurse did it. I kept thinking, "boy, if you think that's bad, just wait till you see what's coming!".

Luckily, he calmed down enough to talk to the Doctor, and everything looks good. He weighs 37 pounds and for the life of me, I can't remember how tall he is.

I had to physically lie on top of him while the nurse gave him his 3 shots. I felt horrible. He screamed bloody murder the entire time, and just kept begging me to make her stop. Sometimes this Mommy gig sucks people. Next time Kelly is taking him to the appointment and handling that job.

He cried for about 30 minutes after we left the office and just kept telling me how badly it hurt. We headed to Target and let me tell you....Hotwheel cars can fix those "boo-boos" in a hurry. At least when my child is concerned.

So...the good news is, it's OVER! At least for another year right?

Last thing,

Can anyone tell me why Landon is refusing to nap? He falls asleep in the car, and then when I take him up to his crib, he cries for an hour. What the heck is UP with that???

SLEEP CHILD...SLEEP!

3 comments:

L said...

"Can anyone tell me why Landon is refusing to nap? He falls asleep in the car, and then when I take him up to his crib, he cries for an hour. What the heck is UP with that???"

That's one of the tings Riley is doing.
It's driving me crazy.

Gina said...

Poor baby guy. Elizabeth got four shots, screamed and begged me to make it stop. It sucked. Big time. And like you...we went shopping. In our case it was a unicorn hobby horse that neighs made it all better. Break out the IB and Tylenol - it sucks when that one injection site (polio, I think?) swells.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, my 2 year old HATES going to the doctor because it seems as though every time he's getting shots and that's the only part he remembers.

My husband and I go to Snuggle Bug's appointments together and when it comes times for those shots, I leave it to Oronzo to hold Snuggle Bug down for the shot, then I get to comfort him after the fact. I know, I know, it's not right that I make Oronzo the bad guy all the time but he can handle it better than I can!

Thankfully, Snuggle Bug gets over the crying by the time we're walking out of the doctor's office. The little basket of stickers that they have waiting at the door seems to help.