Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Weird Mommy or Me Thing?

What is it about my child's head that makes me want to sniff it ALL. THE. TIME?

I could hold Landon all day and just breathe in the scent of his precious little head. Same with Colin, but he doesn't stay still long enough for me to get a good whiff anymore.

Landon is doing this sweet little thing lately where, while he runs around the room and plays about every 5 minutes or so, he'll RUN to me and tackle me with one of his wonderful hugs. I just hold on as long as I can and breathe in his scent. It only lasts for about 8 seconds, but I cherish every one of those precious snuggles.

I'm curious if this smell thing is just a weird "me" thing, or are there any other parents out there who feel the way.

You can be honest, I *think* I can take it.

3 comments:

OneHungMan said...

Weird...probably, all parents seem to do weird things.

OneHung doesn't notice if YoungHung has a scent unless he's pinched a loaf and at that time, OHM usually has his shirt up over his nose.

OHM does enjoy being tackled by the little boy, however. They have play time every night and there are at least two games they play each time. Both games at some point involve touching of some sort, generally a big tackle or hug.

andria said...

Must be a woman thing because I am a head sniffer too, was much more so with the first one I guess because I had more time to sit and do it. I can still catch it sometimes after a bath if I hug him tight enough. It is sad how it fades over time and is replaced by stinky, sweaty boy smell.

My friends do the same thing. Nothing is better than a bald baby head though, I am looking forward to that.

L said...

I think I'm guilty too but it's just so instinctual at this point, I don't even know that I'm doing it.
I'll try to pay more attention and get back to you on this.