Friday, October 20, 2006

The County Fair

Today was a beautiful day!

Finally, the sun decided to make an appearance (HALLELUJAH!). I think we really only had two blah days, but it's amazing how much you can miss that bright, hot, orb in the sky. In retrospect, it's also REALLY amazing how much it affects my mood. That, and the fact that my Hubby has been working WAAAAY too much the past two weeks.

Here's hoping that the mix of sunshine and adult interaction make for a much happier Lori over the weekend.

We decided to go on an adventure and visit the County Fair today. I, for one, used to love going to the state fair. I grew up in the state capitol, so it was something that I looked forward to every October.

I guess it's been a while since I've been. The boys had a blast, but I was pretty much overtaken with nausea by the time we left. The combination of pure sugar (cotton candy and a funnel cake shared with the boys and a friend) on an otherwise empty stomach, second hand smoke ( I feel like I smoked two packs of cigarettes with the amount I inhaled), and the exhaust from the rides was just overwhelming.

It's funny how a ten year break from something can really change your perspective.

I also forgot just how expensive the fair can be. I was ILL prepared financially and had to bum some money from the friends that we met there. Get this, tickets were pretty much $1 a piece, and then each ride was a LEAST 3 tickets per person. For all three of us to ride one ride it cost $9. Luckily, Colin was a *big* boy, and rode many of them all by himself. Landon and I did get to ride a few, so we weren't completely left out.

I think I was able to get some pretty good pics. I'll get them up as soon as I can.

No comments: