I needed something to get my mind off of yesterday's crappiness.
So, here is my mission, and yep...I've accepted!
This mission, if you choose to accept it, is to list nine weird things about yourself and then tag nine more people to do the same, so watch out, you might be next.
1. I have extra sensitive hearing. The high school spanish classes that I taught hated it! It's not much fun at all now,though, with two young children and lots of noisy toys at home. I have worked long and hard with Colin to walk "softly" through the house (we have all hardwoods downstairs), He even runs softly. Landon's new favorite past time is screeching, so, we're working on a lower decibal version of it so he can still have fun, and not drive his Momma crazy.
2. I have a little bit of a hoarding tendency. I never realized it until I saw an Oprah show on it. Thank GOD I'm not as bad as the woman she had on there (she wouldn't clean up the dog poop on her floor! ICK!), but I still have what could be a slight problem (at least for our counter space anyway). I can't stand to throw out advertisements, catalogs, and magazines. I have this, "what if I ever want to look at it or read it" thought, and it just tears me up to throw the damn things out. I'm getting better at getting rid of them now, since I see my tendencies. Thank goodness my anal retentive Hubby balances out that side of me too. I think it's true that opposites attract!
3. I joke about being a germ-a-phobe, but truly, TRULY...I worry about germs and my kids. Every time I am at Target, I stock up on wet ones, antibacterial wipes, and I am constantly wiping down high chairs, tables, and my children's hands. I wash my hands at every opportunity, and I have Colin wash his any time he can. I'm sure I can't prevent all illnesses in my kids, but I'll be damned if I won't try. I'm not OCD, but the thought of germs just icks me out.
4. I sleep with four pillows. It started out as two, one under my head and the other on top of my head. I pull the covers right up under my chin and make a "breathe hole", and that's how I sleep. When I was pregnant with Colin I added the other two. I started sleeping with one between my legs and another behind my back, and now I can't sleep any other way. You really have to look to find me in the bed. It's a hoot. Oh, my poor husband.
5. I have the same hoarding tendency with pictures of my kids. I buy those big packages at the picture place to give them away to family and friends, and then I have to FORCE myself to do it! It's nuts! Why would I need to keep 5 different sizes of the exact same photo right?
I think I need therapy.
6. My second to the last little toe on both feet is shaped really funny. It's really skinny where it attaches to my foot, and then curves and gets really fat towards the end. It runs in my family, so at least I know I'm not adopted (DARN!)
7. I'm really funny about who I will let watch my kids. We had our first babysitter for both children (meaning both were up and had to be put to bed by the babysitter) one week ago. I don't know if it means I'm just *that* controlling, or if I am simply incessently worried about my boys. Other than that, it's been my Mom who watches them for us. She just can't do it at the drop of a hat though, because she lives a good hour and a half away.
I'm vowing to use a babysitter more often. I need it for my sanity, and our marriage needs it so we can actually have some quality time together.
8. I have dreams about going back to college and flunking out even though I already have a degree. I'm always either showing up for class and it's a big exam day (and I have NO IDEA what on), or I am at the graduation ceremony and I haven't been to one single class, ever.
Think I have issues with failing at something??? Hmmmmm.....
9. I can't spend more than $20 on something without putting myself on a horrible guilt trip. I think I'm getting better at it, but I used to "piddle" my money away on unsubstantial things because I couldn't get over the "$20" issue. Weird.
So...those are just a few of the things about me that are a little odd.
Whew...that was cathartic!
I'm tagging the following people: Gina , Melissa, BethGo, Peggie, and Mike.
Yep, I'm a loser. I think those are the only five people who actually read my blog (other than you Andria, but I think it wouldn't be fair to tag ya again!) :)
Hey, if you do read and lurk, and you want to be tagged, just let me know! You'll be next!