Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rainy, Nasty, Day

Both of the boys are sick again. I swear we didn't even get a WEEK break this time! What a pain in the arse.

I do have some good news to report though. Hubby and I actually had a night out last night, and we HIRED A BABYSITTER....GASP!!! If you knew me in REAL life, you would realize what an accomplishment that is for me. I don't leave my kids with anyone except my mother or father and stepmom.

We attended a Young Life dinner with some friends from church and it was amazing! I was blown away by the speakers and the impact that Young Life has in the lives of kids today. If I ever get a life back (meaning when my kids are old enough and my Hubby actually can be home with them so I have a little free time for myself...YA right!), I'd love to volunteer with them. I think my background as a high school teacher would be helpful, and besides, I don't feel much older than 18, even though I'm 33 ( boy...that LOOKS old now that I've actually typed it!).

The sitter was a college aged teacher assistant from Colin's preschool. A really nice girl who Colin seems to like. He asked me all day over and over, when she was going to get there. Once she finally did, he pretty much tried to shove us out the door. It was great. Landon was a little shy at first, but when I carried him over to her, he reached to her with both hands and hugged her as hard as he could (um, am I in trouble later in life? Dumping their mother without a second thought??). I could have been sad, but it's nice to know that we now have a sitter we can trust, and someone that both of the boys like. Neither child flinched as we walked out the door (sniff, sniff).

When we got home, for some odd reason, EVERY single light was on in the house. I mean every light people. Maybe she's scared of the dark? I didn't ask. She said that she had a little trouble getting Landon down and that he cried for a little while. I realized why once she left and I went to peek in on him. She left the light on in his room! (maybe she transferred her fear to him?? Who knows.) Poor little fella....he's used to it being pitch dark, minus the little indiglo night-light we have in there. I made a mental note to ask her to turn it off next time around.

So, that's my less than exciting update to my less than exciting life. We rented some movies so we could stay in and avoid the rain for the rest of the day.

TV. It's a good thing.

No comments: