Thursday, November 09, 2006

House Hunting; NOT for the faint of heart

I think that my Husband and I may kill each other before this is over.

This truly, I mean TRU-LY sucks.

At least I have learned something through this experience (which, mind you, is totally different now that we have two children in tow). I am the optimist of this relationship, and HE is the pessimist.

Whenever we look at a house, or a neighborhood, I seem to point out all of the things that are nice about it (unless of course, it is totally WACKED, and we have seen some of that), wheras he starts off focusing on anything and EVERYTHING that may be wrong.

Now I ask you....is it ever possible to find 100% of what you want and like in a home or a neighborhood? EVEN IF you buy property, and pick out a floor plan, and build from the ground up....is it possible? I don't think so. Granted, if we had $1,000,000 to buy a home, this might not be so hard, but our budget is a great deal smaller than that.

There are non-negotiables which we both pretty much agree on, but other things that I FEEL we must be able to give and take on. He's not willing to do that at all. He wants it perfect, AND he wants it affordable. Of course, I would like that too, but I realize that it ain't gonna happen. (So wait...does that now make HIM the optimist and me the pessimist??)

I don't care...just call me CRAZY, 'cuz that's how I feel!

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

I did find the perfect house today...it's only about $200,000 outside of our budget.

Just to make sure you understand.

This sucks.

2 comments:

OneHungMan said...

The Hungs were in a similar situation when house hunting...God what a stressful time.

Their hunting ended when Mrs. Hung walked into one home (naturally, the most expensive one), stopped and said, "I'm home."

Now, some five years later, she picks up Home magazine every week looking for a new place to live.

It's amazing how a place can go from "home" to "looking for a new place" in such a relatively short span of time.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

We haven't even officially started looking yet and already it feels hopeless on our budget. ((HUGS)) and good luck to you!

PS-When I was typing "hopeless" I started writing "hopeful" instead...a sign, perhaps? Or my pg brain just going faster than my pg fingers? LOL!