Friday, November 24, 2006

Recovering from Thanksgiving...literally!

I would have to say that this year's Turkey day will have to go down as the worst ever in my life.

Oh, there was a beautiful turkey, with dressing, and mashed potatoes with gravy, and all of the wonderful side items that go along with it, but I didn't get to enjoy one bit of it.

You see, I awoke at 3:00 am on Thanksgiving morning, not to put the turkey in the oven, but to puke my guts out, over and over and over again.

Yep, I was throwing up from 3:00 am until about 12:30 pm, and nauseous until I went to bed around 6:00. Ick.

This happens to me every now and then because of my allergies, and luckily, this year, my lovely body decided to hit me with it on Thanksgiving. Usually I recover once I'm up and moving around the next day, but for some reason, it didn't happen that way this time.

Thank the LORD for my husband and my Mother! My Mom did every bit of the cooking, and my Hubby cleaned the entire house and managed the boys. I was sure that I would be okay for dinner in the afternoon, so we didn't cancel the invites to my Husband's friend and his family. Luckily, they understood when I couldn't eat with them and had to go lie down. I was able to vist for a little while, but I know I looked just as "green" as I felt.

I'm feeling OH so much better today, something that I am OHHH so thankful for! Sleeping from 6:00 pm until 10:00 am the next morning helped with that. I was even able to have my turkey with all of the "fixin's", so maybe we can say my Thanksgiving was just a day late....and boy was I thankful!

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you were so sick. There is nothing more miserable, but especially on Thanksgiving. I'm so glad you are feeling better.