Sunday, November 19, 2006

Scared...

So...anyone wondering why I disappeared for a little bit last week? Well, part of the answer to that question is; I started taking zoloft tonight.

I'm scared shitless, a little relieved, and pretty much don't know what to expect.

I hope and pray that this is going to be a good thing for me. I've been having some issues coping with Kelly's busy work schedule, and pretty much just life in general. I found that I was basicly going from one necessary task to the next, to the next, to the next, and so on. I couldn't find any joy in my family, in my kids, or in my life any more. Even though I have two of the most beautiful children on the planet. Everything just seemed to turn in to one task after another.

I just couldn't keep living that way. So, I called the Doctor.

I'm hoping and praying that the medicine will help me to stop and take an inventory of all of the wonderful blessings that I have in my life. That it will allow me to see and DO what is really truly important, and that things will just in general...get "better".

So, that's "it" in a nutshell. I realize that medication isn't a miracle cure, but I hope that my days will seem much brighter soon.

We shall see.

4 comments:

L said...

Please know that you are not alone. I have often considered seeing my doctor for some help too. Fortunately for the moment I'm finding that blogging and a little extra exercise is keeping me afloat for the moment.
Please do let me know how it works for you.
I've said it before...this Stay at Home gig is NOT easy.
*Hugs*

Melissa said...

((HUGS)) Lori!

I hope that things get better for you. Just so you know, my mom was on Zoloft for a while and it did wonders for her. She was getting so worked up about stuff that she was giving herself horrible headaches and basically OD'ing on Advil, to the point that she wrecked her stomach lining and couldn't keep food down anymore.

Anyhow, she saw the doctor and was prescribed Zoloft and it made a world of difference.

Good luck to you!

OneHungMan said...

That's a crazy person drug, right? Let OHM know how the pills work because he's considering doing the same thing. Simply too much stress in his life right now, and anything that isn't stressful, he seems to make stressful.

Lori said...

LOL...yep! A crazy person drug it is and I definitely fit that category right now. :)

I was in the same boat. The little things were really stressing me out to the point I coudn't get anything done. It was like running around in circles, oh so frustrating!

So far so good. I'm just *really* tired. They say that will pass after a week or so.