Sunday, November 26, 2006

Today was a great day

Even though all of the men in my house are sick...I actually had a pretty good day, which is nice to say, because I haven't been able to in a while.

I'm over my sickness (HAAAALELUJAAH!).

I was pretty "green" until last night when my appetite kicked in finally. Colin, unfortunately, barfed all night Friday night. I don't think that he has the same thing I did though, because he's been running a fever. The vomiting stopped early Saturday morning, but the fever has continued until today. We're heading to the Doc tomorrow, just to make sure it's not bronchitis again. I think Landon also has an ear infection because he's stopped eating, and we know that he cannot do that! Kelly also has a sinus infection and is on 4000 mg's of Augmentin a day! If that doesn't kill it, I don't know what will. His Doc must have decided to pull out the big guns this time around.

Oh, the joys of winter!! It would at least be worth it if we had snow! Not a chance of that any time soon though.

So, we'll shift gears again, and get back to my great day.

It started with my Hubby staying home with the sicklings and me heading to church all. by. my. self. I have to be honest, it was a little awkward. I'm not used to carrying a small purse and not having to tote a 20 pound toddler everywhere I go. It was nice though. It felt like the message was written just for me too. Funny how God works that way.

I was going to head to lunch with some friends (upon Kelly's insistence before I left for church), but decided to call home and check on the boys before fully committing. When I heard both kids crying....ahem...SCREAMING in unison in the background, I decided I should cut him a break and head on home to relieve him. We went to Panera for a late lunch, and believe it or not, every sick "kid" (including the 32 year old) ate a decent amount of food. It's amazing what getting out of the house will do for you.

We came home and I got everyone situated for naps (including the "oldest"), and while they slept, I went shopping.

HUH???

That's unheard of!

TWO trips away from the house. ALONE....in one day!???

Hell must have frozen over! Hehe, just kidding, but I have to admit it was nice!

Of course, I didn't go shopping for me. Are you kidding? I headed to a used book store to try and use up the $175.00 worth of credits I got from emptying out our guest room dressers when we de-cluttered (yes, I did used to have time to read, and enjoyed it. I didn't realize how much though). I found a few for the boys and then headed to the grocery store to buy the necessities for "Mommy's magic soup", and then came on home.

Luckily, I had *just* missed Landon waking up from his nap with his first poop in 2 days (HUUUUUGE!), so I got to love all over him after Daddy took care of the mess. (Insert big evil grin here.)

Not only did I make chicken corn chowder tonight, folks, I even made chicken noodle soup...from SCRATCH! My boys are going to be better in no time if I have anything to do with it.

Two things to note:

1. I think the zoloft is working
2. Do you think this has anything to do with the fact that I had about 3 Doctor Peppers today? Gotta LOOOOVE that caffeine!!
(Anyone have any suggestions on how to get to sleep now?)

No comments: