Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long weekend let down

I LOVE long weekends, but I hate the way that I feel the day/week after. This one is especially brutal because of the sick kids. It's such a let down to have the whole family here and then Daddy has to go back to work. YUCK!!!!

Colin is still asleep (*hopefully* he'll be 1000 times better than he was yesterday) and Landon is up and around and as squealy as usual. I might ought to go make sure that Colin is breathing. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm halfway serious. Any other Mommies out there do that? I don't care if my kids are one or three...many times I put my hand on their chests *just* to make sure that I feel it rise and fall. I would call myself a little paranoid...in more than one area of my life.

I've got to get some food in Colin because I think he managed to go all day yesterday on 2 sips from a gogurt and "ice cold water", as he puts it. We have preschool open house tonight (which Colin will NOT be going to) and he's supposed to start school tomorrow. If he has a fever when he gets up, then that idea is shot too. I hate it for him, because he's been asking about school for more than two weeks now.

MMmmmmmm....this week HAS to get better than last week right?? This streak of bad luck can't last forever! Well, I guess if not, it's only four days of it right? At least I get to spend it with my boys. It could be a heck of a lot worse!

No comments: