Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My other "favorite" question

WHAT'S FOR DINNER????

Ugh!

You know, growing up, I never said that I wanted to be anyone's personal chef or meal planner (or maid, but we can save that for another post).

Believe it or not, I really do love to cook. When I was student teaching in college, I used to de-stress by coming home and cooking a full meal for me, my roommate, and her boyfriend. It usually resulted in about a week's worth of leftovers, but it really helped me to unwind and take my mind off of a busy, crazy, day.

It would be one thing if what I cooked was liked and appreciated by all of the men in my family, but that is certainly FAR from the case. Colin refuses to eat anything other than chicken nuggets, peanut butter sandwiches (mind you...NO jelly...the kid would freak if you put it on there!) popcorn, and cinammon crunch bagels from Panera. Hubby is usually working late, so he's not here to eat with us most nights, and my little Landon. God bless him! You would think that HE would be the picky one, but he eats pretty much anything you shovel in to his mouth. LOADS of it too!

So, I'm sitting here at 4:00 in the afternoon, asking myself my second favorite question.....What's for dinner? I would LOVE to make some sort of chicken with curry sauce (mmmmm, we had a curry dip at the Melting Pot that was to DIE for, that's my inspiration!), but do I even bother?? I would end up having to make something else for Colin, and the ulitmate "yumminess" of it would be lost on my Dear Hubby when he comes home at 8pm and it had been sitting for 3 or more hours. Ohhhhh......

Maybe we should just settle for hot dogs on the grill? Quick, easy, no fuss. Landon will eat them, and how much different does a hot dog taste 3 minutes or 3 hours after you've cooked it? Am I right??

Now I wonder why I can't get rid of these pesky 25 extra pounds?? Yep, I agree. I think it would be the kid friendly, easy, no fuss dinners that pay no mind to taste, fat, or calories.

Now...what was for dinner??? Damn!

No comments: