Friday, September 29, 2006

Rest in Peace Sweet Girl

I received a call from the vet today that Holly's "cremains" were here, so we rushed over to get them.

I think it's really beautiful.

I don't quite know what to tell Colin about it.

I stopped myself short of saying, "We're going to pick up Holly" because then I would have explain how the Holly that he remembers actually fits into this box. He knows that she died, and that's she's gone to heaven, but I just don't think that I'm quite ready to explain cremation to my three year old.

Any suggestions?

If he asks, I don't want to tip-toe around it. I believe in being honest. I just don't want to freak him out by telling him that her body was all burned up. I can imagine the nightmares that would result.

Hmmmm.

Off to research, "explaining cremation to your pre-schooler"......

No comments: