Monday, September 04, 2006

Sick household and other things

It was a "no party" weekend for us. Landon kept his fever up until early, early, Sunday morning. Thank GOODNESS I cancelled the party, because poor big brother spiked a fever about 4am this morning. I can only imagine spreading this to 8 other children. I don't think I would have been anyone's favorite mommy if I'd done that. Colin feels pretty yucky, but is handling it okay. Landon is back to his happy little self. I guess the good news is that whatever they caught, it's pretty short-lived.

The surprising news of the day is that the "Crocodile Hunter" has died! It almost feels like we've lost a member of the family. He has a daughter 8, and a son 3. It's just so sad for them.... It seems as if it was inevitable though. He took lots of crazy chances. That's one reason my Husband is a CPA....hopefully we'll keep him around for a LONG, long, time! Minus the stress and long hours at times, there aren't really any work hazards for him to deal with.

We have begun trying to purge all of our belongings in an effort to get our house ready to sell. It's amazing just how much CRAP you can acquire...especially when you have kids. It feels good though, so...OFF with the junk, HELLO new house!!! (hopefully soon!)

My question for you all is this...how the HECK do you keep a 3 year old and a one year old entertained AND the house clean and ready for a showing at any time?? I'm thinking it's pretty much impossible unless we just get rid of every toy we've ever owned and offer them a vaccum and a broom to play with.

No comments: