Thursday, February 15, 2007

Colin is officially signed up for T-ball!!!

He will start playing on March 13th.

Wow, it's so hard to believe that my "baby" is going to play a team sport!

I opted for t-ball because a good friend of his has signed up to be on this team as well. Colin is a sweet little man, but not the most outgoing or social creature. He likes to be in familiar places with familiar people, if not...he retreats into his shell. I thought playing on a team with someone he knew, would help it to be a more positive experience. I don't want to be one of those mothers that *forces* their child to play something they don't want to...but I also don't want to pay a $55 registration fee only to have him back out at the last minute.

We'll see how it goes. There are no points scored or outs in these games (and they still call it t-ball huh??). I think for now it just helps sponsor a team atmosphere, foster working together, and hopefully just a joy for playing sports.

This may not necessarily be his thing, but I'm glad we're going to try it. He may end up being a music geek like his Momma (the boy can sing, AND he writes his own lyrics, already! You should hear his very own version of twinkle twinkle...it's rockin'!)

I just can't wait to see who he's going to become and all of the things he's going to enjoy!

No comments: